Here is some stuff I am grateful for this week.
- I wagged the last spring into shape 12.7 km race. Instead, I headed off to Princes park and did a 15km run. I headed out very conservatively (on average 7:45/km) and upped it to 7:30 km for the last few k. This is a good slow-endurance run pace for me, according to this website. Hopefully, with doing some speed training, it will get a bit faster.
- During my run, I saw this handsome fella.
I was running in the opposite direction to him. I saw him, thought “that’s Kouta”. Next time, I said “Hey, Kouta” and he said “how are ya?”. On the next lap, he said “doing well” and even though I was sweaty I still giggled and blushed and batted my eyelashes.
I am not even a Carlton supporter.
- Getting a letter from this magnificent lady. An email, too, but a proper, handwritten letter.
- Going to Golden Fields restaurant in St Kilda. I was dressed very stylishly and completed my makeup in the taxi. The Pakistani taxi driver told me I looked beautiful. I got to the restaurant a bit early, bought a champagne (French, not Aussie) and propped myself against the bar. I unabashedly struck a pose. I was unashamedly a poseur. I had a lovely meal with some lovely ladies. I even got some companions for the trip to Sydney that I wanted to take.
- All of the people in my street have roses in their front garden, which I take time to smell.
- My mum visiting this morning. She said the 5 little words* I needed to hear from her
- My new 1000 thread count sheets, bought discounted.
- My girlfriends visiting yesterday to see my new house
- The fact that I am now not dreading Christmas so much, but thinking of some new memories that I can make.
- That it would have been my 7th Wedding anniversary today, and I managed to send a nice text to my ex-husband, and he sent one back to me, and I did not feel too sad, only mildly wistful. That I can remember that day 7 years ago as a happy one.
- That I am feeling better. I have worked hard on it, and I deserve to.
*you did the right thing.