This week, I am thankful for:
- doxycycline. I still have a cough but it is clearing up
- having a friend who is a GP who listened to my chest and made the appropriate noises of sympathy.
- my iPod, as always. And youtube
- all the things I have to do that shake me from my occasional torpor!
- Getting the job in the clinic
- Having a great running group, even though I got sent home today for coughing all over everybody.
- The prospect of travel. Some people use alcohol and drugs to escape. I just escape.
- All your comments from an earlier post.
Another good product of all of the navel gazing I have been doing – I have figured out what nurturing myself really means.
It means treating myself as I would a good friend, or the way a mother treats a beloved child.
This means saying nice things to myself, spending quality time with myself, feeding myself nutritious and comforting food, finding novel ways to bring out the best in myself, not expecting too much of myself, patting myself on the back and reflecting back on mistakes in a manner which is not self-castigating.