- realising that, this year, I have gone to hell and back, with a few little road trips to purgatory and, better, to heaven.
- being brave
- maintaining personal hygiene
- well groomed, dressed and made-up
- brushing and flossing my teeth
- going easy on myself
- not drowning my sorrows in alcohol (perhaps just wading them)
- eating enough to keep me healthy
- being a competent doctor, even though it is very draining at times
- trying to concentrate on my upcoming PhD projects
- trying to carefully engineer bridges between my self and some people
- trying not to burn other bridges
- trying to put in as much effort with some people as they have with me
- saying yes when I feel like it, and saying no when I don’t feel like it
- following my instincts
- facing my demons, if not slaying them, then briefly incapacitating them with a big chinese burn and wedgie.
- facing the dark depths of my sadness, and mindfully enjoying happy times.
- slowly and intermittently feeling stronger.
Sheesh. No freaking wonder I feel tired and drained at the end of the days.
If you are lucky enough to have my phone number, drop me a line.