A few things I have been doing lately (with/without hubby):
- Went to see Mary Poppins. I grew up with Mary Poppins. I love the music and goddamit, the song “Feed the birds (tuppence a bag)” makes me bubber, I find it so stirring. The stage show did not disappoint, Matt Lee and Verity Hunt-Ballard were fantastic. I loved the “supercali…” sequence and “Jolly Holiday”. Also some songs not on the movie. The other surprising thing is that I saw on the program that a member of the dance ensemble, the “dance captain”, went to my old school, was a few years ahead of me, and used to choreograph our Rock Eisteddfod pieces. She was a biatch. Still, she danced well….I suppose….
- Went to the Tim Burton exhibition – was really cool. I really want to get back into my doodlings. There is an art class that I would love to get to, to doodle on a regular basis.
- Random acts of kindness: I was at a shoe shop, there were a pair of shoes I liked at a mega markdown, was going to buy them but thought better of them and gave them to the other lady that wanted them. Why? Because it felt good. And saved me money.
- Internet shopping – I bought a cardie that I had my eyes on for aaages. (FYI the buying moratorium has been comprehensively broken).
- Eating cheap, good food – went to a restaurant called Tai Hoong in Williamstown today for lunch. It was yummy. Best chicken satay sticks ever.
- We will be going to the Taste of Melbourne festival this weekend. One word – yummm.
- Getting over my back injury (yay) and taking the dog for little runs around the block. She enjoys them, me, not so much at the moment. Hope to go for a run in the morning.
- Stretching. It feels good, when it doesn’t hurt.