1. No good deed goes unpunished. (referring to multiple episodes at work)
2. Nothing ventured, nothing gained (helps me in everything I do)
3. Be who you are and say what you feel, because the people who mind don’t matter and the people who matter don’t mind. (I often feel the need to “vet” myself, but at the end of the day I need to just “be” myself.)
4. There are three sides to every story – your side, their side and the truth. (Something I remind myself when I get all hoity about something)
5. Just because you’re not paranoid, doesn’t mean people aren’t out to get you. (Self-explanatory.)
6. You win some, you lose some.
What gets you by?
After having faced some criticism from the 2 bitchy bosses, to my supervisor (Besmirched!) I felt it necessary to go to the big boss. It is a vulnerable time for me at work as I go into the market for a senior position and I felt I needed somebody in my corner.
The big boss was really good – long story short, he said that he wanted to give me a job next year if he has one. This makes me feel better.
I lost a bid on Ebay for an anthropologie cardie. Which is a good thing because there are nice red and white stripy ones in sussan at a lower price.
fish and chip night yay.