That is right, you heard it. I have discussed this with my hubby. I plan not to buy any clothes, shoes, books or any other “stuff” other than what I can buy at the supermarket or at a fabric shop to “make”. For at least a month, maybe two or three. Why?
Because I already have too much stuff. Stuff will not make me happier.
I have been secretly looking at couture porn – perving and salivating over clothes and shoes. Like real porn, it is secretive, solitary, stress relieving and may end up getting me in trouble with my spouse.
There are many things to distract me, things such as:
- Reading: I have borrowed/procured some books from people: What I talk about when I talk about running, by Haruki Murakami; The Slap, by Christos Tsolikas; On the Road, by Jack Kerouac; Birds Without Wings, by Louis de Bernieres; The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson and a frivolous one by Janet Evanovich.
- Artwork – I have many Ideas…
- Exercise – one of my friends/colleagues has joined my gym, and we can now go together.
- Talking with my spouse.
- Making up outfits – I have stacks of clothes. Dressing is an art in itself and I am happy to report that I have dressed impeccably this week and I am feeling good in myself. Maybe blogging these?
- The homework set by my psychologist
- Research stuff – It has been hard to do this with my current job.
- Thinking happy/optimistic/sexy thoughts.
I have been out to a barbecue today – held by a junior colleague called Fong. Fong, a little Chinese-Malaysian doctor, has a great sense of humour and a most endearing way of massacaring the English language. He also has some mean barbecuing skills. It was good to see some of my gen med colleagues outside of work – they are pleasant people. I have eaten far too many sausages though. Sausages rock. I will not be having any dinner.
I may or may not do the sri C race tomorrow – the weather will be schiessenhausen. Then we will go to the gallery to see the European Masters. I have my outfit all sorted out. 😀
Oooh, oooh, I forgot – I booked tickets to Mary Poppins! I love Mary Poppins! Yaaaaay!