I had a big lunch (chicken drumsticks, scalloped potato) and big afternoon tea today (chocolate biscuits and arnott’s shapes). Whoopsy. I always eat more than the designated 1490 calories, but manage to negate some of it with exercise. I would lose more weight more quickly if I did not eat “sometimes” foods on a near-daily basis! Whoopsy again.
After work – running club, got some 1 on 1 with the new trainer, Brian (not Schepisi). He followed on his bike. We did 2 minutes strong, 1 minute jogging recovery. I know I worked hard because a. I swore and b. I nearly yakked at the end. I finally learned the meaning of “eat my dust”; there were some footy players running around prinny park and they all passed me and I ate (or more appropriately, choked on) their dust. They were big and frightened me.
Ward round with the boss dude today. He is a good bloke.
Ok so now gotta think up 10 things am grateful for today:
- The boss being a good bloke
- That I had brought some proper coffee in to work today
- That I had time to drink it
- That the NUM bought in choccy bikkies to the meeting this arvo (I should not be grateful, but really I am!)
- A good run today
- The “pet therapy” dog that the brought onto the ward today, I had a little pat of him
- That I got a thankyou rather than the earful of abuse I was expecting
- That I am being taught stuff at work rather than being chucked into the deep end and expected to suck it in and do it.
- That I get an early night tonight
- That I get more teaching tomorrow.